EMF is one month away and we’re frantically putting together the final pieces, however we’re excited to say that there are still a few tickets available in case you’ve not yet grabbed one!
Tickets on sale
We have a small number of EMF tickets left! Once these have sold out, we may have another sale of returned tickets immediately before the event.
Call for talks, workshops, and installations
Our Call for Participation (CfP) is still open!
We are especially looking for workshops & activities suitable for our smaller attendees under the age of 6*, but talks, workshops and performances suitable for all ages are still welcome.
We’ve now announced the first set of talks - please favourite the talks you’re most interested in so our scheduling robot can pick the optimal time for them.
If you’re planning on bringing an installation that’s big, potentially unsafe, has specific requirements from us, or that you’d like to put in a public area, please submit it via the CfP. Otherwise let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org (We love to know what you’re bringing along!)
Null Sector will yet again be running a cyberpunk street market for makers. If you’d like to sell your things, please sign up for a stall - it’s free! You can either sell products in person, or you can show off what you do.
We had a fantastic response to the previous call for volunteers - thank you to everyone who’s pitched in. EMF is entirely organised & run by unpaid volunteers and we need all the help we can get.
At the moment we’re particularly looking to fill the following roles:
- First aid - We need people with First Aid at Work (or better) qualifications to join the First Aid team. Anyone volunteering for at least three eight-hour shifts can have the cost of their ticket refunded.
- Sewists - The design team need help stitching together bunting, flags, and signage. If you have a sewing machine and a few hours ahead of EMF, please get in touch.
- Build-up carpenter - We’re looking for someone to be in charge of organising and building various pieces of wooden site infrastructure. You’ll need to be on site early (at least from Saturday 28th May).
- Logistics assistant - The logistics team needs help both for set up, tracking items into the site, and moving things around site during the event.
- Set loading in London - Null Sector is looking for help to load a truck on the 25th May, 9am, in Battersea. We have a lot of exciting set pieces to get to the field this year, and appreciate any helping hand we can find for the final push.
To help with any of these roles please email email@example.com and say hello.
Your ticket price pays for us to run the event, but we rely on sponsors to help us make the event fun, accessible, and beautiful.
This year we’d particularly like to thank Google Open Source for sponsoring childcare, Lucid for sponsoring talk transcription, Twilio for sponsoring the arcade, Sargasso Networks, SOS Intelligence, PCBGoGo, Mathworks, iluli by Mike Lamb, Onega and UCL Connected Environments for their support.
We’re still looking for sponsors. If your company is interested in helping support EMF please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you in the field!
Love, The EMF Team